Friday 13 February 2015

Playing with my Distress Inks

Hi Crafters,
I've been playing with my Distress inks and some fairy stamps today and this is what I have made.



Recipe
Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Dusty Concorde and Black Soot.
Black Archival Ink and Clear embossing powder
Brilliance Ink - Platinum Planet
Lavinia Stamps - Fairy, mushrooms, spiral sentiment and verse
Magazine Freebie Stamp - Butterfly swirl and flourish
Glamour Dust
 
I began by inking my cardstock and spritzing with water, then when dry I stamped the images embossing each one as I went. The silver spiral sentiment doesn't appear to show up in the photo's very well but in real life it does. I just matted the finished piece on to silver mirri and then black cardstock to frame it.
Challenges
Lavinia Stamps - #2 Bright and Beautiful
TTCRD - ATG
Sister Act - #93 ATG
Creative Fingers - #67 ATG
 
I'd like to say a warm welcome to my new followers both on Google and Bloglovin, it's lovely to have you here and I hope you enjoy what you see.
It's busy, busy, busy for me today I have some DT work to do and a few orders to complete and then I shall fit in some commenting along the way. Have a great day one and all!
 
Lorraine

19 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning card Lorainne. I do love the colours and the sentiment is beautiful. Hugs Rita xxx

Pamellia said...

Just gorgeous Lorraine!! The black silhouettes on that amazing background is just WOW!! What a fantastical card! hugs :)

Carol said...

Love this Lorraine, gorgeous stamps and your inking is stunning. Carol x

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I love fairies. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers. Hope to see you again next time.

brenda said...

As always a gorgeous creation Lorraine and a lush colour palette.

Have a lovely weekend.

B x

Doreen said...

Love the fab images and details.xxx

Jacee said...

So lovely Lorraine, gorgeous colours, you've done a fabulous card here, I love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, the scene you have created is beautiful, it has a magical feel to it. The colours are stunning.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Sue xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A stunning creation Lorraine. Love the atmospheric scene and your choice of colours.
Sylvia x

cuilliesocks said...

Stunning card Lorraine, lovely colours and love the fairy image, hugs Kate x

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Lorraine....Truly a lovely art piece..... Thank you for entering the Challenge and Good Luck, Marianne DT xxx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine. I love the silhouette image and fabulous sentiment.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

A beautiful card. I love these stamps and have them too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Love the inking and the design! Thank you so much for joining us this week at TTCRD.
Cindy- TTCRD

Wendy said...

Beautifully atmospheric! Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps, good luck! Xx

AO Creations said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart, good luck!!! Amy DT

Gina's Cards said...

Wow, this is stunning Lorraine!! Love the colours and beautiful design!!
Hugs
Gina x

coops said...

oh wow so stunning lorraine.fabulous image and sentiment and i love the gorgeous colours ;D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Just adore these colours!!! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)