Saturday 10 June 2023

Allsorts Challenge #732 - ATG/Birthday

 Hi Crafters,

I'm back today with our new challenge at Allsorts. We are now an Anything Goes challenge with an optional theme, which this week is

BIRTHDAY


Recipe
Glitter Card
Creative Expressions Fairy Door Edger Die
Creative Expressions Sentiment Die
Cherry Lynn Stitched Banner Dies
Sentiment Stamp - Papermania
Enamel Dots

Challenges I'd like to enter:

to be added

We have some fabulous prizes for our challenges each week, take a look below for details.


Prizes from SizzixAALL and CreateAldridge CraftsLavinia and Ruth Hamilton Design



I'm glad to be up and running again after my computer troubles. I didn't appreciate just how much 'stuff' I had stored on my computer which wasn't backed up. When problems have occurred in the past there has always been a way to recover certain my files/documents/desktop etc. but this time it was completely gone. I had copied all my purchased files for card making etc. on to an external hard drive but there were documents and files on my graphics program that I use for creating/designing cards and things for the Farmers Market that I manage that I had not saved elsewhere which have all been lost. :o(  Needless to say I now have a stack of stick drives to copy things too as well as my external hard drive - lesson learnt but it has taken me all week to get back to some sort of starting point where I can resume normal activities.

Well I hope you have a lovely day, maybe enjoying the sunshine, it's lovely to finally have a bit of warmth here.

Lorraine
xXx


16 comments:

Liz said...

Beautiful, magical card, Lorraine. Glad you finally have got your computer up and running, but how frustrating that you have lost some things. Thanks for the reminder to regularly back up our computers. xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
this is such a very magical and beautiful design card.
Love the dies used and the colours are so fab.
Oh gosh how awful for you your computer problems.
We don't realize how much we use it till it's gone.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

dutchess said...

Very dramatic with the black on that gorgeous sparkly background….
Glad you are back up and running it’s s pain isn’t it xxxx

meg said...

So pleased you managed to rescue some of your files Lorraine,really annoying to lose so much though.A fabulous birthday card,the black looks beautiful against the yellow

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful magical card, Lorraine! Love that die!
How frustrating that you lost data from your computer, happened to me several years ago when we couldn't recover the hard drive so I totally understand the frustration!

HilaryJane said...

I am glad to hear you have a computer up and running again and so sorry that you lost so much. It can happen to the best of us. I have my computer set to automatically backup onto an external hard drive. it works well for me. Love your silhouette die cut. I am assuming that is a sparkly background, I bet it looks fabulous in real life xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and silhouette die -cut love the colour combo.Good to see you back up and running.I lost everything when my computer died,100s of images-I found a few ona USB but for some reason they won't transfer to new computer?
carol x

brenda said...

Striking use of colour Lorraine and magical.

B x

Sarn said...

Such a lovely and striking card.

Sounds like you had a very frustrating week but glad to hear you’re getting there now. A salutary reminder to us all to go and back up if it’s not been done for a while xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Super silhouette card Lorraine. Will aim to remember to come back for Nativity. Zoe x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card today, I do like silhouette cards, xxx

Linby said...

A beautiful card with this sweet die.
Sorry about your computer problems, I try to back up, but as hard drives can also fail I try to keep everything on the PC too. Sounds like you've had a tough time sorting it all.

Sarah said...

So pleased to hear that you have your computer set up Lorraine but what a shame about the stuff that couldn't be recovered. I am the same I am ashamed to say and wouldn't know where to start :0( I love this magical card, a brilliant design xx

Mervi said...

Striking and lovely card;-))m

Pauline C said...

Beautiful magical card Lorraine. Glad you are back up and running, but sorry you lost important files ... Graham backs ours up from time to time but I'm sure not as often as we should! Hope you manage to get back to normal for the areas where you have lost information.
Pauline xx

Lisa said...

So happy your computer is back up and running. This is a great die cut and terrific magical birthday card.