Friday 2 June 2023

Computer Heaven

 Hi Crafters,


Just to let you know that I will be a little quiet on here posting and commenting over the next week or so as the hard drive has completely failed on my computer and nothing could be retrieved :o( I backed up important files on an external hard drive but not everything unfortunately so some things have gone forever and I'm gutted about that.

It will take me a while to get things loaded on to a new hard drive and get back up and running properly. In the meantime I'm using my phone, which for me is quite tricky and time consuming, I much prefer the systems and layout on a PC.

Wish me luck with my rebuild and if anyone has some good suggestions about where and how they back up their files, folders, life then I'd greatly appreciate the info.

Lorraine 

xXx


6 comments:

Pauline C said...

Sorry to hear this Lorraine … sad but true that we rely on them so much now. Good luck with the rebuild xx

meg said...

Hope you're computer is up and running soon, I save everything to an external hard drive after experiencing the same situation as you,I duplicate some files on a sub as well

dutchess said...

Oh Lorraine I know the feeling having just gone through the same thing…I had backed everything up to individual USB’s for all my crafting stuff but I lost all my iTunes stuff and some other stuff but nothing much…I have an external hard drive for photos and documents and I tend to back up on the 1st of each month…hope you get sorted soon as trying to do stuff on your phone or tablet is just a nightmare….xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Sorry to hear about your computer Lorraine -I had same problem nothing backed up and lost everything!!! Hope you get sorted soon
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

What a bummer Lorraine, so much work involved, good luck with it all, Kate x

Lisa said...

Oh Lorraine, I am so sorry. I hope you get back up and running soon. I was very lucky when my old computer crashed that my little brother was able to save everything but 1 file. (Of course that was the most important file but not that I have recreated that file I back it up).