Tuesday 28 March 2023

Spring at Passion For Markers Challenge #683

 Hi Crafters,

It was the Spring equinox last week and I'm looking forward to some Spring weather, pretty blossoms, flourishing wildlife and all that goes with the onset of this glorious season. How apt then that our challenge at Passion For Markers this week is

SPRING

We'd love to see all your Spring themed creations using your Markers of course.

Sunglasses at the ready... it's a bright one!


Recipe
Image - Tulip Up Close by Alex Syberia
Coloured with Promarkers
Cloud Frame Die
Alphabet Die

I have wanted to try this shadow technique using letter dies for some time now but I always chicken out at the last minute not wanting to possibly spoil my coloured image by cutting into it with dies. So my heart was in my mouth as I fed the piece through my die cutting machine, I crossed everything and hoped for the best. I'm quite pleased although I think the letters are slightly wonky but not too bad for a first attempt.

Challenges I'd like to enter:

to be added

Our sponsor this week is
who are offering a £10 voucher (digi products only) to the lucky winner.
The other ladies in the Design Team have been busy creating some fabulous projects for you so take a peek at them HERE.

Take care,

Lorraine
xXx




11 comments:

meg said...

Gorgeous bright sunny tulips and fabulous shadow sentiment

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous Spring card and love the fabulous tulips and beautifully coloured-love the shadow sentiment technique
Carol x

brenda said...

A gorgeous Spring card Lorraine, so bright and welcoming.

The bulbs think it's Spring, the birds and bunnies do so what happened to the weather, raining yet again.

B x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lorraine, I love the beautiful bloom and your colouring, such a happy Spring design, Kate x

Julie said...

Gorgeous Lorraine - beautiful bold colouring! It's always nerve racking messing with a beautifully coloured image but worked beautifully here! Juliexx

Pauline C said...

Absolutely love this uplifting spring creation Lorraine, the colouring is fab on your tulips and I love the shadow technique on the lettering … I’m still trying to work out how you did that !!🤨
Pauline xx

Aunty Sue said...

love how you did the Spring and fab colouring

Curly said...

This is soooooo Beautiful Lorraine! Its is so perfect for the Spring/ Easter season, I love bright cards they make me happy.
Im sure whom ever receives this beauty will adore it
Have a lovely rest of the week
Hugs Bridget

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
such a very beautiful tecnique and very beautiful card made with it.
I love the Tulips they look amazing and so cheerful just like a bunch of the flowers.
Your colouring is excellent.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sarah said...

Wow Lorraine. What a brilliant and beautifully coloured card xx

Lisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous image and so beautifully colored.