Saturday 1 April 2023

Challenge #110 - Spring is Coming!

 Hi Crafters,

This is the first of two posts today, highly unusual for me to post twice in one day but it happens to be the start of a new month and a Saturday so it's Crafts Galore Encore challenge and also Allsorts challenge too.

The Design Team are creating with a Spring theme using the wonderful images from our sponsor but you can enter any project with an Anything Goes theme.

Kate Hadfield Designs


Our prize this month is a £6 Store voucher for Kate Hadfield Designs.

I have decided to make a page for my Art Journal that I made the cover for about a year ago. I don't get a lot of time for 'messy' mixed media play so this is the first time I have had a chance to create something to go inside it, here is the first page.


I started by pasting some torn pieces of music paper on to the page and then I used texture paste through a  stencil over the top. I inked with various Distress Oxide inks on top of that and finished with some white acrylic paint through the wavy lines stencil from Polkadoodles. A bit of script stamping and gilding wax around the edge to finish it off. Then I decided to add some white Frantage which I've had for ages to lighten the centre of the page. The images were coloured with Promarkers and cut out and placed to create the scene. I managed to find the wavy 'Spring is Coming' stamp in my stash. It's surprising what you manage to collect in 15 years of crafting!

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Sweet Stampin' - Spring

Please take a look at the other DT members makes on the challenge blog here, they have all been super busy creating some fabulous inspiration for you all so why not join in with us?

Hopefully I'll see you in about half an hour for my second post of the day.

Lorraine
xXx




7 comments:

brenda said...

The image is so prettily coloured Lorraine and spot on for the garden activity at the moment, we are watching a Blackbird build a nest under our bedroom window this week, precariously in the top of a shrub.

B x

meg said...

I've been watching a variety of birds building their nests in the trees and bushes in the garden,love your image and beautiful background

Lisa said...

Very lovely image and beautifully colored. Love the feel of texture I can see in the card.

Pauline C said...

Lots of fab detail in your mixed media background Lorraine, makes a lovely spring scene
Pauline xx

cuilliesocks said...

This is just such a lovely card Lorraine, I love the scene and the fabulous colouring, Kate x

Sarah said...

Yes, spring is definitely coming Lorraine, it's actually stopped raining this afternoon!! Love that image and the gilding wax and frantage really make a difference xx

wannabcre8tive said...

An adorable image and great coloring. I am all ready forvSpring minus the storms that go with it.