Saturday 16 November 2013

Die-cut Decoupage

Hi Crafters,
Hope you are enjoying your weekend, the weather has been very dull and dreary here today but I've been in my craft room with my head down, busy creating so I haven't been too bothered with the weather.
I decided to use a die-cut decoupage sheet that I've had in my stash for a while as the recipient for this commissioned card, (Sheila) loves her garden and the wildlife within it.
So this one seemed appropriate.

 
I used some papers from the 'First Edition' paper pad 'Bird Song' they are very pretty and complemented the colours in the decoupage. I also edged the layers with some pink 'Art Glitter. The words and letters of her name were cut out using dies that I bought on my recent trip to the NEC. Shhh don't tell hubby but I haven't found room to put away all the lovely things I got yet, they're still in the carrier bags, lol. I got rather carried away by all the lovely stalls, and armed with my birthday money I went from stall to wonderful stall collecting all the things I needed and, I'm afraid, more besides.
Here's a close up view of those lovely birds,
 
 
 Mmmm, albeit a tad blurred, blast that camera :(
 
I'd like to enter this card in to the following challenges:
 
Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Scribble & Scrap - Anything Goes
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Lorraine

4 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Lorraine, such a pretty image :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Unknown said...

Stunning card, Lorraine & I'm sure your friend must be thrilled with it too! Hope you enjoy your new crafty goodies also :)
Thank you for joining us at the Scribble & Scrap Challenge and Good Luck!
xx

Anne Fenton said...

Wow what a beautiful card ... thank you for joining TTCRD this week.l

Alyx said...

So beautiful! Such great decoupage.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx