Saturday 12 February 2022

Allsorts Challenge #663 - CAS opt. Elegance

 Hi Crafters,

Another Saturday has rolled around and I'd like to share my Design Team inspiration for the new challenge at Allsorts this week.

It was Ellie's turn to choose a theme and she would like to see your CAS (clean and simple) creations with the option of Elegance.

This type of card is always difficult for me to create as I tend to add lots of layers and details to my cards but I gave it a go and this is what I came up with.

Recipe
I had purchased some mixed media background stamps from Ebay recently and started by stamping the circles in Ranger Archival Ink - Vivid Chartreuse and the 3 flashes in RAI - Sepia, this gave the cacti pots some grounding. The Cut & Make mini cacti dies are from The Range. I cut them from snippets of card and backed each cacti with the corresponding colour card, gave them a little inking and set them on the card front. The large sentiment is a Woodware Stamp.

Challenges I'd like to enter:

Snippets Playground - #421 ATG

Crafts Galore Encore - #96 ATG

Stamping Sensations - Feb Challenge Anything Stamped


We have two fabulous prizes for this weeks winners

An AALL Stencil from Colemans Craft Warehouse



and £15 store voucher from



Please visit the challenge blog for more inspiration and details.

See you soon,


Lorraine

xXx

23 comments:

meg said...

Until I read your post I thought the cacti were stamped, wonderful use of these dies and your cardstock a beautiful CAS card.

Sarn said...

That’s a really brilliant CAS card - you totally nailed it!

And you used snippets too - great to see you in the Snippets Playground- you can rely on me to get you into mischief over there !! But first - climb the rope ladder to the Treehouse, find a comfy chair, and I’ll bring you over some hot buttered crumpets and a cuppa for brekkie!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

brenda said...

Think you got the theme perfectly Lorraine, the style and image would work well for lots of occasions. Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Lisa said...

Super cute cacti and I love the spotted BG you created for them. This looks CAS to me. Great job!

Vee Cassidy said...

A great card, I like the cacti. Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

Mervi said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card;-))m

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card love the litle die-cut cactus-
Carol x

Pauline C said...

Fab card Lorraine, love the combo of the background stamping and the cacti.
Pauline x

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
what a very wonderful CAS style card and I love your stamped design it looks brilliant.
Love those pots of Cacti.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Ellibelle said...

It turned out beautifully, Lorraine! Love the cactus stamp and the circles behind are just perfect!

Di said...

What a great card Rainey! LOVE the huge Woodware greeting (one I love here!) and the cacti, so cute and CAS too. I think you hit the ball right out of the park with this card. And what fun to have you join in with the Snippets Playground for what I'm sure is the first time. SaRn is in charge of all things liquid and food related (sigh) - and Dudley Dog will do tricks - for small bribes! It's a happy place - 'where the sun is always shining'. Come back again soon!

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

A wonderful card Lorraine, I love the design and the gorgeous cacti dies, Kate x

Carol S. said...

A perfect CAS card Lorraine. Love the cacti, design and the sentiment. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

Wendy L said...

It looks wonderful, xx

Marlies said...

A beautiful CAS card Lorraine. A lovely design. Marlies

Lorraine said...

A brilliant cas card, love your background stamp and the cacti look fab
Lorraine x

Linby said...

Brilliant combo of stamps, I thought it was all one stamp it is so well done. Lovely CAS card.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Lorraine such a fab card love the design and your stamping girl is brilliant. Love Alison xxx

Zoe Tant said...

My aren't cacti popular and on trend right now. I love your share. The sepia works really well against the spotty background. Zoe x

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card and stamps. Love the cacti. It makes a wonderful card.

Ellibelle said...

I'm back again :) just saw your lovely card linked up at Stamping Sensations challenge and wanted to be sure to stop by to say thanks for sharing with us there!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a cute nicely designed card!

Carole J said...

I love your CAS card, Lorraine! I find CAS cards difficult to make as I always want to add more to them :) The stamped background is perfect for your lovely, die cut cacti.
Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” February Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations