Tuesday 16 March 2021

Mixed Media Playtime & GDT

Hi Crafters,

I was lucky enough to be asked to join in at the Try It On Tuesday challenge as a Guest Designer this week.
Their theme is...
USE A STENCIL OR TWO

I've been wanting to do more mixed media projects for some time now and a few weeks ago I created a Journal Cover to hopefully house my mixed media projects that I create in the future (see this post HERE) So this is my first page which initially was going to be folded in half to fit my journal but now that it's finished I can't bear to fold it! I should have made it in two halves but hey-hoe...learning curve!

I used 5 stencils in all, sometimes inking through them and other times to add texture paste.
The stamps are by Lindsay Mason which I stamped on to old book pages, water-coloured and fussy cut.
The sentiment comes from the same stamp set.


 Here are the stamps I used 


Challenges I'd like to enter:
SSS Monday Challenge Recycle (book pages)
Crafty Catz - #542 ATG/Use 3 of your Favourite Colours (Red, Green, Gold)
Allsorts - #615 A Stamped Image
Creative Moments - #210 ATG
More Mixed Media Challenge - ATG opt. Green



Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a great day.

Lorraine 
xXx

25 comments:

Helen said...

Gorgeous art journal spread! Thanks so much for being our guest designer! You rocked this challenge! ((HUGS)) Helen

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this happy page - Lindsay's stamps fit so well onto your fabulous background! So pleased to have you here as GD! Hugs, Chrisx

cotnob said...

A fabulous page Lorraine, lots of super details and great stamps - congratulations on the GDT spot.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

dutchess said...

Wow that’s fabulous Lorraine...I can see why you don’t want to fold it...love it xxxx

Gibmiss said...

This is stunning Lorraine .... well done to you ... love it ...
Hugs Sylvie xx

meg said...

A brilliant page Lorraine I can understand why you don't want to fold it,love the stamping on book pages

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning mixed media cover! You created such a beautiful scenes using all those stencils and stamps; the colours and textures are amazing 😀. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for joining us as Guest Designer over at Try it on Tuesday! Wishing you a lovely week! Hugs, Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your GDT spot.WOW stunning mixed media piece and no wonder you don't want to fold it!LOve all the stencils and stamps-would look brilliant framed
Carol x

Mrs.B said...

You created a fabulous little scene with those stamps and I love your stencilled background.
Lovely to have you join us as our Guest Designer for this challenge.
Avril x

Sarah said...

That is a sensational page Lorraine. The colours are wonderful and it is such a lovely scene...frame it!! xx

cuilliesocks said...

This is a fabulous page Lorraine, lovely images and wonderful texture and details, super colours too, Kate x

Carol S. said...

A fantastic page Lorraine and I think it should be framed. There is so much to look at, as the design is amazing. Love it! Hugs, Carol S.xx

brenda said...

WOW Lorraine, this is fabulous, the colours are so intense and loving all the details, going back for another look.

B x

Meggymay said...

Its an awesome mixed media page, you created a fantastic background for the scene. Its so good to have you as our Guest Designer for this theme at TioT's.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous piece Lorraine. I'm so glad your hosting for us at Try It on Tuesday.Your stenciled background looks amazing. I love those stamps too. Hugs-Erika

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine this is brilliant and so inspirational, I have been buying some stencils and may have a go at this theme, if mine turns out anything like yours I will be well pleased, superb work
hugs
lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning creation. Anesha x

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable page, stamping, colours and most gorgeous design. Sorry if I missed a post, got family here and they are out shopping....so am catching up as much as I can ♥

Julie said...

Oh wow Lorraine - this is stunning! I have those stamps from years ago and struggle how to use them but this really is a wonderful scene! Juliexx

Mummylade said...

Wow, lovely details! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

Aunty Sue said...

wow this is stunning and thanks for sharing at crafty catz this time hope to see you again.

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Fabulous

Irmelin Eriksson said...

What a great creation! Love the scene. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irre

wannabcre8tive said...

Wow, this is fabulous. You did a great job with the stencils.