Saturday 21 September 2019

A Couple of Shakers! :o)

Hi Crafters,

I've been on a shaker card making fest.
I have two to share with you today which were commissioned with particular themes in mind.

The first is using a Celtic Dreams Die by Lavinia Stamps called 'Hidden Secrets'. I love those whimsical houses.


I've also used a Lavinia Stamps printed background behind my acetate, I love the colours in this woodland night sky print. I've filled my shaker with lots of sequins in various blue shades and some glitter for good measure.
The fairy die is unbranded and the stamped sentiment is a magazine freebie.
~~~~~~~
My second shaker card is for someone who loves their cruise holidays and so I decided to create a porthole from mirri card using two circle dies of different sizes, adding the hole reinforcer cutouts from a tag die for the rivets and placing a picture behind it. The embossing on the background is a Tim Holtz folder. My champagne glasses are also shakers and are filled with glass beads. These were rather fiddly to create as I cut out the centre of the glass ( a Marianne Designs die) using a craft blade.


Challenges I'd like to enter:
Love To Craft - #38 ATG
Brown Sugar - #293 ATG
Moving Along with the Times - #106 Use Acetate

It's lovely to see you here again today, thanks for stopping by.

Lorraine
xXx

19 comments:

meg said...

Two beautiful cards love the colours and layout in the fairy one an enchanted scene would never have guessed you cut out the centre of the glasses they are a perfect shaker element

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Lorraine...I just adore the die cut on the first card...looks like a must have.....and such clever use of your dies to make the shaker elements
Back home and doing the washing thank goodness it’s a glorious day xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Two beautiful cards Lorraine. Love the fairy card, the design is absolutely gorgeous and I love the brilliant idea of the second card, especially the porthole and champagne glasses, the recipient will be thrilled with it.
Hugs
Gina xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Two gorgeous designs Lorraine, love the spooky one and love how you've used the champagne glasses as a shaker

Enjoy your weekend

June

cuilliesocks said...

Two wonderful cards Lorraine and I love the shaker style and the fairy card is so pretty, my favourite is I had to choose, but the design of your second card is brilliant, love the porthole, Kate x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Lorraine, I love the second one - such a great idea for someone that loves cruise holidays.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous shaker cards love the dies and the shaker champagne glasses too
Carol x

brenda said...

Two beauties Lorraine, always love Fairies and the second very much appeals as well as it's out favourite holiday.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

You sure are shakin' it Lorraine, but wow look at these cards, so stunning...love how you get on a roll...fun.x

Furrbster said...

These are both fab.

Thanks for sharing your ship themed card with us at MAWTT,

Hugz Tinz

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Lorraine, love the scene and fab dies on the top one.
Lorraine x

Marlies said...

Two beautiful cards and both very well designed. Love the shaker idea on both.
Marlies x

Dawn said...

Two gorgeous cards Lorraine! I do love a shaker card!
Crafty Hugs
Dawn xx

Lisa Andersson said...

Two brilliant shaker cards. The first one looks fantastic with the silhouettes and the beautiful background. The second is such a cool card with that porthole and brilliant use of the glasses.
Absolutely fabulous cards.
Hugs, Lisa

Sylvia said...

2 Beautiful cards,Lorraine.Love the firtst one with he fairy and the stunning background.

Gr,Sylvia.

Carol S. said...

Two very different cards Lorraine and both gorgeous. Being a fairy lover I love the first one. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Two beautiful pieces of artwork. I love the fairy and silhouettes. Both are just wonderful. Thanks for sharing your talent at Moving Along With the Times!

rachel said...

These are beautiful Lorraine - have to say though the first one s super enchanting xx

Anne said...

These are special shakers! can’t choose a favourite they’re so different but I love them both
Anne x