Saturday 11 November 2023

Allsorts Challenge #754 - Friendship/ATG

 Hi Crafters,

I would like the weeks to slow down a bit, I feel as if I'm spinning too many plates at the moment. Do you feel time is moving very fast or is it just me?

We have somehow reached another Saturday which means a new challenge at Allsorts. Our theme this week is

FRIENDSHIP/ATG


Recipe
Background paper - 12x12 paper pad from The Range
Tonic Scalloped Die
Daisy Mae Designs Dotty Embossing Folder
Crafters Companion - 'Friend' Stamp and Die
Highlight Crafts 'Blushed Posy' Reflections.

This card is quite flat for posting which is a bonus nowadays as the postage has gotten quite expensive here. However, my favourite cards to make are dimensional ones with lots of embellishments and details like shaker cards, stepper cards etc. These are fine for delivering by hand but I think I need to try and make more of the flatter style cards as customers are now looking for these when I have my stall at events. So this one should fit the bill :o)

We have prizes this month from


Check back Friday on the challenge blog for the Top 5 picks and then again at the end of the month for the prize winners.

Have a fabulous weekend whatever you are doing.

Lorraine
xXx


20 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous combination of background paper,sentiment and embellishments in this beautiful card Lorraine

Sarn said...

Now that is one LOVELY friendship card. Nice and colourful and I love the background embossing and pretty font for the sentiment xxx

Lisa said...

Great paper to pair with those wonderful flowers. Super cute friendship card.

dutchess said...

So beautiful Lorraine …such soft feminine colours….
I know the feeling time is just rushing by….just finished clearing out the bedding in the garden and it’s nearly time for Christmas….take care xxxx

Ellibelle said...

A beautifully done friendship card, love the design and gorgeous floral paper!

brenda said...

It's beautiful Lorraine, so feminine and with nice hints to Summer days.

B x

Linby said...

I remember when I was a child and a week seemed to last forever lol! Now Christmas comes around so fast.
This is a pretty card with the lovely flowers and CAS centre.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful flowery card and p.paper.I agree about the weeks flying by and the postage -I put a teeny tiny bow on a card and it cost £4 to post!!! Lesson learnt!
Carol x

Wendy L said...

It is a very pretty card and, like you say, great for posting, so expensive here too in Spain, x

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card with the flowers and beautiful background papers and that touch of embossing is perfect. Our postal rates are going up once again next week too unfortunately.

cuilliesocks said...

A beautiful card Lorraine, love the pretty floral paper, such lovely colours, Kate x

Dena J said...

Love these colors and beautiful florals.

Sarah said...

It's been a bit manic in my world too Lorraine so I do know how you feel!! So much so that I am seriosuly behind visiting blogging buddies!! This is a gorgeous card and I LOVE that paper, so pretty xx

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine love the paper, sentiment and that lovely flower corner
hugs
lolo x

HilaryJane said...

It is definitely not just you. I too find time disappearing and I just can't keep up. This card may be flat, but you have managed to add texture. Love that PP and the EF xx

Liz said...

A beautiful design Lorraine, a really lovely card. I know what you mean about making dimensional cards. They are my favourite type of card to make, but the postage costs are so much more expensive. xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful friendship card Lorraine. I must admit I nearly always make flat cards now … I used to love adding dimension with gems, ribbon, lace, flowers etc. but they are just not feasible now with the ridiculous rises in postage costs we’ve had, except for a small select few people.
Pauline xx

Anke said...

A beautiful colorful card ...

gwen70 said...

So beautiful, love it x

Vicky Hayes said...

How pretty this is Lorraine with those soft colours! I love the way your stamped and diecut flower clusters go so well with the background paper too. No, it isn't just you feeling that the year is galloping away with us - I really wish things would slow down a bit!! Vicky x