Saturday 6 May 2023

Allsorts Challenge #727 - ATG/April Showers Bring May Flowers

 Hi Crafters,

It's been a busy May so far and today I am taking mum to have her second cataract operation. I was surprised that it was going ahead on a Saturday as well as it being the Coronation but I think she's hoping it will be sorted so she can still catch the Coronation highlights on the TV later today, bless her.

Well it's a new challenge theme at Allsorts today

Anything Goes / opt. April Showers Bring May Flowers

I have created 3 ATC's for a swap which fit this theme.


I started with an inky (Distress Oxide) splattered background and stamped some small script on it, then added stencil paste through a dotty stencil from Pretty Gets Gritty. I managed to cover myself in red paint while trying to create splatters - it never seems to go where I want it - but as you can see some of it landed on the ATC's! The flowers are a Sizzix die, also coloured with Distress Oxide inks. I stamped, embossed and cut out the word and finished off with a wax seal to hold the flowers in place which has some gilding wax brushed over it.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Make My Monday - #199 Flowers
Try It on Tuesday - Use a Stencil


Prizes from WOWVOWOakwood Direct and Craft Stash


Take a look at what the Design Team have been making HERE and come and join in the fun!

Lorraine
xXx


16 comments:

brenda said...

Loving your ATC's Lorraine, I wondered if that was a wax seal, so effective and something different as well.

B x

meg said...

Lots of beautiful detail and texture on your fabulous ATC's Lorraine,hope all goes well for your mum today,thanks for your kind words

Mervi said...

Gorgeous ATC cards, lovely details;-))m

Pauline C said...

These ATC’s are stunning Lorraine, and I’m so thrilled to be the lucky recipient of one of them!! I love the whole composition, the flower die cuts and that fab seal. I also love how you have got your textured stencilling so white … mine never looks as white as that !!
Hope your mum’s cataract surgery goes well, and you can all enjoy the rest of the nank holiday weekend
Pauline xx

Lisa said...

Super colors on your ATCs. I hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Lisa said...

Super colors on your ATCs. I hope your mom's surgery goes well.

Linby said...

These are lovely, especially the shaped one. Wishing your Mum all the best and hope she gets to see the highlights.

Sarah said...

Hope Mum's procedure went well Lorraine. Our local hospitals are doing quite a bit at weekends to help clear the backlogs. These ATCs are gorgeous, love the seal detail xx

JoAnn said...

Your ATC's are so pretty with those cute flowers. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

Sarn said...

What ADORABLE ATCs you've made here. LOVE them xxx

Liz said...

Beautiful ATCs Lorraine. So much detail in such a small space. I love how you've used the wax seals. xx

Meggymay said...

This set of ATC's look wonderful , great detail and lovely colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful trio of ATC's Lorraine. Love how they turned out.

My name is Erika. said...

These are great ATC's Lorraine. I love the colors and that wax seal gives amazing texture. And of course it is super stenciling also. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. hugs-Erika

Conny said...

Really wonderful ATCs!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!

Hugs,
Conny

Sandra Wright. said...

Your Atcs are fabulous, great pops of colour, I love them.
Thank you for joining us at Atc around the World.