Saturday 15 April 2023

Create Your Own Background at Allsorts Challenge #724

 Hi Crafters,

Well we are back to our weekly challenges at Allsorts starting today and we have a great theme for you all to join in with.

ATG/ CREATE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND


Image - Ruth Hamilton Designs Image - Muscari (Grape Hyacinth)
Coloured with Promarkers

My background was created using a Polkadoodles Brick Wall stencil and two colours of Distress oxide inks - Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick. I also splashed some large drops of water onto it and mopped with a kitchen towel to 'bleach' some of the colour out. The first and second generation stamping of the plants were done using a Sheena Douglas stamp set. Finally I cut a grassy border using a die in my stash.

Prizes this month are from:


Challenges I'd like to enter:
Daring Cardmakers - Bloom and Grow


I hope you can join in with us this week, the Design team have been very busy creating some fabulous inspiration for you - take a look HERE.

Well that's all from me today, see you here again soon,

Lorraine
xXx







16 comments:

brenda said...

Really like how you used Ruths image here Lorraine, image, stencils and stamps all coming together perfectly.

B x

Liz said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, a beautiful design. Wonderful colouring on the grape hyacinths, they look 3D. xx

meg said...

The colours you used on the muscari are beautiful Lorraine,I had loads of them in my last garden set along the side of the house much like on your beautifully designed and coloured card,

Lisa said...

Wowza great scene you created with this wonderful floral image. Love the amazing coloring.

Ellibelle said...

I love how this turned out, simply beautiful! And you've colored the Grape Hyacinth so beautifully! Mine are currently in bloom - I just love them!

cuilliesocks said...

A beautifully designed card Lorraine. I love the background and that gorgeous floral image, such pretty colours too, Kate x

Mervi said...

Stunning colouring, I love grape hyacinths, have a lot them at my garden.
Gorgeous card;-))m

HilaryJane said...

You have created a great little scene, love your wall and those grape hyacinth. They are flowering in my garden at the moment too xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful scene created with the stencil Lorraine .. it complements the stamps perfectly
Pauline xx

Sarn said...

Love those flowers up against the brick wall background. Perfect for the Allsorts' theme. xxx

Sarah said...

That is a glorious spring garden scene Lorraine and tha DI background looks amazing xx

Linby said...

wow! you've really brought one of my fave flowers to life - they look so pretty.

Carol L said...

I love the grape hyacinths against the brick wall! What a clever and unique design, so pretty!

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card, love the brick wall. Xx

Dawn said...

Your card is stunning and I love the smell of hyacinths. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. x

Lisa said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous flowers. Super stunning scene and card.