Monday 30 August 2021

Christmas Card Club Challenge #18 - Lots of Layers

 Hi Crafters,

I'm just stepping off of the naughty step long enough to post this card for the Christmas Card Club and stepping right back on it again!

The reason for my naughty step sentence is that it was MY challenge and with everything that has been going on lately I completely forgot!

I have been juggling too many plates for too long and need to take a serious look at where all my time goes. I manage two monthly farmers market/craft fairs and the admin for these has gone berserk since lockdown has eased and everyone - I mean EVERYONE wants a space there. I enjoy doing it but just keeping up with emails and messages alone has taken up so much time. Both of these were on Friday and Saturday and so last week my focus was on these events and nothing else. I have some other things coming up over the next three weeks that need my attention too so although I have some scheduled posts here during this time I will not be around much - no difference there I hear you say :0)

Anyway, apologies to my teammates for my tardy post but here is my 'Lots of Layers' card.


Created with a Craft Creations Decoupage image and a sweet little banner die that I purchased from eBay this card is destined for a customer who placed her order early. There are lots of layers in the decoupage and several layers of patterned papers too.
Please take a look at the other creations that the rest of the Christmas Card Club have made, their links are in my sidebar.

With that I shall bid you farewell, the step is calling :0/

Lorraine
xXx


13 comments:

brenda said...

As always a super card.

B x

meg said...

Your card will be treasured by the recipient Lorraine,the decoupage image is adorable and the papers complement her perfectly

dutchess said...

A beautiful personalised card Lorraine…it’s a lovely image and will be very much appreciated by the recipient….
Where does the time go…not as busy as you but really it seems to fly by…..take care xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Lorraine, you certainly sound to be busy, but your card was worth waiting for, it's absolutely gorgeous. Such a sweet image and your layers are fabulous, lovely design and festive colours, Kate x

Carol S. said...

A pretty image and a lovely card Lorraine. Hugs, Carol S.xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Really cute card and decoupaged image love all the layers and frame round the image-hope that step isn't too cold lol
Carol x

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Lorraine …
Thanks for the challenge …
Hugs Sylvie xx
Take Care

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lorraine it sounds like a stressful time for you at the moment but I know where you are coming from, I do love your card the name banner and image as well as the wonderful die cut frame look ACE
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

A pretty Christmas card Lorraine, a lovely decoupage image.
It sounds like you are being kept rather busy at the moment, take care and don't forget to make some time for yourself.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute card

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful. The image is adorable and I love your banner die. That was a great find. I would like to come across a find like that. You have really been busy. I am sure your vendors appreciate all that you do,

Zoe Tant said...

I think I'm glued to the naughty step as got my dates all wrong so haven't made your challenge yet or anywhere near it. I love your card and I'm glad I'm not alone on being out of sink! Zoe x

Sarah said...

That is the most adorable card Lorraine and fabulous layers. I am sure your team mates have forgiven you xx