Sunday 8 July 2018

Christmas Card Club Challenge #14 - WOW

Hi Crafters,

In this scorching heat I would like to draw your attention to Christmas! he, he, :o)

It's time for our friendly group to share their Christmas card makes and this week Christine chose the theme of
WHITE ON WHITE
Now I really struggle with this sort of card design so I'm glad that Christine also put in the caveat of being able to add in a smidgen of colour too.
Here are my two cards using white and silver, hope this is ok Christine?



I used the Memory Box die, Stitched Snowflake Square for both cards and carried on the stitched theme with my square and oval mats. The top card also has some Impression Obsession snowflake dies to accentuate the banner.

Challenges I'd like to enter:
CHNC Every Saturday - #393 ATG Christmas
Digi Doodle Studio - #7 Christmas in July
Unicorn Challenge # 34 Stitching Real/Faux


It seems really strange talking about Christmas with all this beautiful weather we have been having but, dare I say it, I'm ready for some rain now :o/
Well take care and I'll be back soon,

Lorraine
xXx 

20 comments:

dutchess said...

two lovely cards Lorraine...so classy with the white ...and beautiful snowflakes.Its already stonking hot here this morning and I for one am longing for some rain...but lets enjoy it while we can.....have a lovely weekend ..hugs xxxx

Zoe Tant said...

Very pretty cards Lorraine. What a great idea with the snowflake squares. I might have to have a play with this idea. Love all the sparkle too ! TFS Zoe x

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous die used Lorraine, not seen this one before. xx

Christine Harrop said...

Like Annie, the die is new tome but it is gorgeous. Love your two beautiful cards. Thank you. Christine x

Rita said...

What a wonderful card Lorainne, so very effective too. Love both cards. Enjoy your Day. Xxxx

meg said...

Fantastic use of your die Lorraine, love the white against the silver

cuilliesocks said...

Totally stunning cards Lorraine, beautifully designed. I love the white with silver and the dies are wonderful, Kate x

Sarah said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that struggles with WOW Lorraine. However, it looks like your struggle is over as this is amazing!! xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Garden needs some rain. I love Wow cards and this is fab

Carol S. said...

Both cards are beautiful Lorraine and lots of texture. I love white on white and use it a lot. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
what gorgeous cards and such lovely dies used too.
Love the hint of silver.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Anne said...

Just gorgeous Lorraine, love how you've made a feature of the negative space
Anne x

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards Lorraine love the beautiful dies and perfect for posting too
Carol x

MaryH said...

These are stunners and I love the cool shimmery elegance on each one. The stitched framing is wonderful with the cutout snowflakes. I think it photo'd beautifully too. TFS & Hugs

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Lorraine, my that is gorgeous. Just sat here wondering if I can sort of duplicate that die by die cutting snowflakes from cardstock, the die cutting out some stitched squares! I think it might work. :) Hugs, Shaz X

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Lorraine, I love the white and silver - very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love these two elegant cards!
Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Weekly Christmas Challenge!
Susan
DT for CHNC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Tracy said...

Fantastic way to put that die to use. The silver sparkle is so pretty.

Mrs A. said...

Not seen anything like thiese before. They look superb. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Brilliant idea! I love this design.