Wednesday 31 August 2016

ABC Christmas Challenge - R for Rip It Up!

Hi Crafters,

We'd like you to 
Rip It Up

Well this new challenge at ABC Christmas was really out of my comfort zone, but that's also a good thing as we get to try something new. 
I usually prefer clean lines and don't often tear my edges but this was what was called for with this new challenge so here is my card.


Recipe
Image - Sketchy Holly & Mistletoe - DigiStamp Boutique
Medium - Pro/flexmarkers
Papers - Bo Bunny Silver & Gold Collection Pad
Sizzix Alterations Dies - Holiday Words, Script
Kraft Card
Gathered Twigs Distress Ink

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Creative Inspirations - #256 Christmas in August
CHNC Challenge Extra - August ATG Christmas
Crafting From The Heart - #125 ATG


Our sponsor is

and the prize is a £10 voucher for the winner.

I look forward to seeing your projects for this Rip It Up challenge.

Lorraine 
xXx


17 comments:

meg said...

How brave to tear a circular shape beautifully done. Great card

Erika said...

Great tearing Lorraine, it's amazing how many folk do struggle with this. I had a class once with tearing cards and a couple of girls just couldn't do it!

I love the tearing and the holly. A super festive card.

Hugs Erika. x

brenda said...

As always a lovely creation to feast our eyes on today Lorraine and I always enjoy a bit of ripping and tearing.

B x

Sarah said...

Love this traditional card Lorraine and how the torn edges have softened everything, what a great look xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, love the holly image and your 'tearing' looks brilliant
Lorraine x

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Lorraine, your torn edges are fabulous.
Pauline
x
My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Lorraine, love the holly and your tearing is brilliant.

Carol S. said...

Great image and design. Brilliant. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Karen said...

This is beautiful, Lorraine. Your tearing is wonderfully done and you are right, it is good to go outside of our comfort zones from time to time. I'm glad you embraced the challenge and tore the entire borders. :o) The stamp is festively delightful and I love the holly paper. Gorgeous work as always, my friend.

Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, the torn circle looks fabulous and I love the holly, beautiful colouring :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Inkyfingers said...

Even with the tearing you have kept lovely clean lines on this beauty Lorraine!

Adventures in Paperland said...

Love your torn circle frame Lorraine! Another beautiful card!!

NGCARDS said...

Another fantastic festive creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx

Gina's Cards said...

A fabulous card to feast our eyes on! You have done a wonderful job of the tearing and the holly is coloured so beautifully.
Hugs
Gina xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the image and B.paper and great effect with the torn edges
Carol x

Brenda said...

Such a lovely card! I love your take on the challenge.

Sue said...

Hi Lorraine, this is a beautiful card. I love how you have torn the circle shape - i would never have thought of that. I struggled a bit (well - a lot)! with the ripping thing! I am a bit of a neat freak.
Sue...xxx