Wednesday 20 July 2016

ABC Christmas Challenge - O for Overlay

Hi Crafters,

Overlay?!  I hear you cry, what does this mean?
Well we'd like to see your cards and or projects (Christmas of course) with acetate or vellum overlaid on them.
Here is my decoupaged image with a snowy acetate front to the card.


It was a bit tricky to photo but I hope you get the gist.



Recipe
Decoupage Image - Craft Creations Sheet
Snowy Acetate - Anna Marie Designs
Marianne Designs Snowflake Die

Challenges I'd like to enter:
Fussy and Fancy - #168 Christmas in July
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - #66 Snowflakes
CHNC Every Saturday - #290 Cute or ATG Christmas
Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends - #38 ATG
Crafting From The Heart - #121 ATG
Deep Ocean Challenge - #133 Christmas in July


Our sponsor for this challenge is
All Dressed Up

The winner will receive two digi's of their choice.

~~~~~

On a completely different note, what is going on with blogger and the pictures on my blog? I usually set them at 'X Large', but all my pictures are now squashed within the central panel and distorted so I've had to change them to 'Large' to get the perspective right. Hopefully when you click on them they still open in a larger window so you can see them clearly. Is anyone else having this problem?
Maybe it's the heat - phew it's been rather hot here for the last few days. A little too hot for my liking, now I know we tend to moan whatever the weather but it goes from one extreme to another. I'm a middle of the road kinda gal and would just like a warm, dry spell if the powers that be are listening :)

Lorraine
xXx

21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely Christmas card, love the decoupage and snowmen...like to use acetate a lot myself.xx {aNNie}

meg said...

Love it Lorraine, the decoupaged image is brilliant and the snowy acetate perfect

Gibmiss said...

Hi Lorraine
Stunning Christmas card... Love the image...
Sylvie x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous card, lovely image. I'm with you on the heat, low 20's is enough for me. I haven't had any blogger probs thank goodness

Pamellia said...

What a gorgeous Christmas card Lorraine!! I absolutely adore that image, snowmen are so fun for the holidays. The soft colours with the pops of red really create a subtle yet festive feel on this one! Love it! hugs :)

dutchess said...

What a cheerful card Lorraine...love that image,the red really makes it pop.....xxxxxx

Lisa Andersson said...

Your card is totally gorgeous. I love it! Super cute image and so beautifully done. Love the black and white with a touch of red.

I have no problem seeing your cards and when I click on them I can see them in a larger version. I don´t have a problem with the size of my cards on my blog (I also put them on XLarge), but I don´t like that my pictures becomes unsharp as soon as I put them on my blog. This only happens on blogger :(

Hugs, Lisa

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card! I love the colour combo and your beautiful design.
Hugs
Gina xx

Sarah said...

This is a lovely card Lorraine, love the greys calendar and red together and the snowy acetate looks wonderful. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful Christmas card Lorraine, such a fun image and your snowy acetate looks fabulous.
Pauline
x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Lorraine - love the snowy acetate!
Helen x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the snowy scene. I couldn't get onto anything from my blog this morning. Such a pain. Just had a huge storm here at the coast. Now very sticky and no breeze. Hugs, Carol S.xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful decoupaged image and great snowflake-too hot for me too I am an Autumn person lol
Carol x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lorraine, the decoupage is fabulous and I love the acetate overlay, beautiful :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Sandy said...

This is sooooo sweet - I love everything about your card - just love it!!
Sandy xx

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant, beautiful festive card Lorraine I love the image and the way you have used the acetate, thank you for joining our challenge at LPOCF
hugs
lorraine x

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
oooooooooooooo! I love this wonderful card.
The overlay acetate is great, and those images are just so very lovely, and cute.
Not good with the heat also.
Not noticed prob with blogger pics yet.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW! I adore this image and the acetate is a brilliant compliment!

Kat W said...

The acetate overlay on your card looks fabulous and together with the restricted colour palette makes for a very stylish design :-)
I have no idea what Blogger might be up to with your photos but am happy to say that they still look great set to 'large' and yes, if I click on them it opens up larger...so it's all ok I think!
Big hugs, Kat xx

Erika said...

Hi Lorraine a beautiful Christmas card, super image and great overlay too.

As for your blog I don't know if yours is the same as mine but I can change the perimeters in your settings to make columns wider, maybe that might help?

I'm enjoying the sunshine but don't spend much time in it. As long as it isn't raining I am happy.

Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

Tracy said...

This looks so professional. Your layering is gorgeous and really makes that decoupage image shine.