Sunday 2 March 2014

Christmas Card Club - Challenge #5

Hello Crafters,
Well two weeks have just flown by and it is the next challenge at our little Christmas Card Club again. I must admit it caught me unawares, I swear the calendar has been flipping days over all by itself lately - is it me or have you all felt that. So last night I had to set to and start my card, the theme, which was chosen by Margaret was to 'Feature a Robin'.
I have just finished it now so scraped in with the deadline by the skin of my teeth, phew.

Card Recipe
6 x 6 Cream card base
Crafts Too Spotty Emb. Folder
Stampendous Rubber Stamp - Snow Bird
Background Stamp - SU 'En Francais'
Distress Inks
Ribbons and Berries - The Ribbon Girl
Sentiment - Crafters Companion Set
 
I stamped the robin and then masked him to stamp the background with the Stampin 'Up 'en francais' large stamp then I decided to have another go at using my distress inks to colour the robin. I think he turned out ok. I used some white flowersoft for the snow on the berries and branch, stamped the holly leaves and coloured them with Peeled Paint and Pine Needles DI, cut them out and put them with the berries from the Ribbon Girl. I layered two ribbons and threaded a die cut on to it with the sentiment that I heat embossed. The top layer of card was dry embossed and popped up with foam squares.
Hope you like it and if you want to see what all the other ladies have been making click on the C.C.C tab at the top of my blog and all their links are there.
I'd like to enter in to the following challenges:
CHNC - Anything Goes - Christmas
ABC Christmas - D for Die Cuts
Scribble & Scrap - #13 Anything Goes
 
I will be round to visit your blogs later girlies.
 
Bye for now,
 
Lorraine
 
 

 

24 comments:

dutchess said...


hi
Lorraine...a fabulous robin...and I love that stamp...love your Christmassy snow...really great card you put such a lot of work in and it shows!....lovely xxxx

scrappymo! said...

Your robin is wonderful and love how you masked and did the background image overtop. The "snow" looks fabulous...so realistic looking.
Wonderful card!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, fabulous colouring and great design. Carol x

Hazel said...

A gorgeous card, Lorraine - perfect for Margaret's CCC challenge. Thanks also for sharing for my CHNC challenge extra for March (you could also enter this into our new Completely Christmas challenge 1 - would love to see it there too). Hope to see more of your Christmas crafting soon. x

MaryH said...

Lorraine, your DI w/c on the robin is more than "OK"...it's fabulous! You've 2 techniques on this one that I struggle to accomplish: DI w/c & the flowersoft. Neither seems to turn out well for me. Love the look of your overstamping & masking. It's wonderful on this aperture card and your corner trim is so dressy & festive. TFS & hugs. Hope the coming week is a great one for you.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, lovely sweet robin.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I love the background behind him

Peanut said...

What a darling little bird, Lorraine. Love the holly addition and the embossed background.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Planetsusie said...

Hi Lorraine - this is such a cute fuzzy little robin! I love that stamp and your layout is wonderful.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Rita said...

Love your card Lorraine. Beautiful stamp. The way you have brought it all together is fabulous. I think everyone feels the same
regarding the days and months. Have a Good Day. Hugs Rita xxx

coops said...

so stunning lorraine.i love this stampendous snowbird and your design and colours are really gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Stunning Design... thank you for taking the time to join in with the fun,over at Completely Christmas, we would love your company in next week’s challenge as well…..
Hugs
Suzy B ~Owner~ Completely Christmas
Xx

Karen Petitt said...

I'm in love with this image, you have coloured him beautifully, in fact I want the stamp and I want to copy what you made, it's really gorgeous Lorraine, stunning! xx

Dorte said...

Lovely little Robin you have used for your beautiful Christmas card.
Thanks for joining our 'D for Die cuts' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge this time,
hugs Dorte xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for adding for Completely Christmas challenge 1 - hope to see you again soon x

Hazel said...

And thanks for also adding this lovely card for CHNC challenge extra for March - hope to see you again soon. x

Wishcraft said...

Such a sweet robin and love all your details too, gorgeous card Lorraine :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Heather said...

Nevermind "turned out ok", I think this card is gorgeous!! I LOVE that masking technique. I've never thought of that. I'm so glad you explained what you did, 'cause I am definitely going to have to try it out. It looks awesome. Thanks for playing with CHNC2.

Gina's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine! Love this image and your colouring is beautiful. The robin really stands out! The design of your card is wonderful too!
Hugs
Gina x

Zoe Tant said...

Oh Lorraine this is just adorable. I love that robin and the fuzzy snow is just so pretty. Glad you made it cos it was definitely worth waiting for. Zx

Sharon Smith said...

What a gorgeous little robin, he looks so cosy with his feathers all plumped up
Thank you for entering the Scribble and Scrap - Always Anything goes challenge and good luck x

Peanut said...

Oh what a darling little birdie. Lorraine. He's all fluffed up... must be from being out in the cold. LOL. Love the script background.
hugs, Asha

Mary J said...

what a very sweet card, Lorraine - gorgeous rich colours!

Marie Bingaman said...

Super cute robin, and I love the holly embellishment in the upper corner! :)