Thursday 27 February 2014

Voyage Across The Oceans

Evening Crafters ! Today I have a male card to share with you, rather simple but effective I think. As I've mentioned before I struggle with male cards, there are fewer embellishments that are suitable and that seems to throw me coz I want to add flowers and ribbon and bling to fill up the spaces, lol.
Anyhow here it is:

 
I decided to use the resources in the 'My Craft Studio' program to help me out with the subject. I found a small image of the ship and enlarged it to fit my card and then a line drawing of an old map which I coloured with my promarkers, I coloured the sails on the ship, printed out an image of an anchor and then glossy accented it. The sentiment is from a Waltzingmouse stamp set. A few mats and layers, cut my banner and voila.
I'll be back tomorrow to show you a football card for a little boy so see you then,
 
Enjoy your evening,
Lorraine

6 comments:

dutchess said...

fabulous Lorraine....which MCS cd ? it's stunning and so clever to use and colour the map....a real stunner! xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fab card, great image. i love making male cards but I know a lot of people don't.

Wishcraft said...

It's a fab male card Lorraine... I quite like making them, but I've always been a bit strange ;o) Hugs, Lisa x

Gina's Cards said...

You have done such wonderful job of this male card! I must admit I shy away from making them unless I really have to.
Hugs
Gina x

scrappymo! said...

This is so wonderful...you are talented lady. I find masculine cards hard at times...but you sure aced this one.
The ship is fab and the background map is too!

coops said...

stunning male card lorraine.i love the image and the background is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx