Well it's that time again where I join in with Erika and share an old crafty project just for fun.
This one dates back to the beginning of 2012 when I followed a video tutorial by Claire Charville on how to create one of her beautiful albums. This one used Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue papers and chipboard embellishments.
Now I'm going to warn you it is a very photo heavy post as I had to photo every page with and without the tags and added folders for you to be able to see the pockets and pieces that tuck in the pages, so here we go.....
The front cover...it's a biggie, it measures 19 x 26 x 8 cm
each of those leaves were cut individually from the papers and wired on to stems.
I made my own door plate from cardstock and painted it to give a metal effect as I didn't have a G45 one.
(1) the first page with tags...
(1) tags and photo mats taken out.
(2) second page
(2) photo mats and tags removed
(2) magnetic lift up flap with photo mat and tag
(3) third page
(3) photo mats and tags removed
(4) fourth page
(4) photo mats, tag and passport booklet removed
(5) fifth page
(5) photo mat, notebook and tag removed
(6) sixth page
(6) envelope pockets with tags removed
(7) seventh page
(7) magnetic flap, photo mats and tags
(8) eighth page
(8) envelope pocket with booklet and tags
(9) ninth page
(9) folder and photo mats
(10) tenth page
(10) another magnetic flap with photo mats and tags
This was a fantastic project to make albeit a time consuming one and I learnt lots of techniques whilst making this first album. I haven't had a chance to make another in the last three years but I would like to make one again. I really enjoyed creating all the hidden pockets and flaps which make it interesting to the viewer as they discover something new on every page.
Well I hope you liked my 'oldie' make for today, if you would like to join in with this fun event on a Friday just give Erika a nod on her blog and join in!
See you soon,