Friday 3 July 2015

Sharing an Oldie on Friday

Hi Crafters,
 
Friday has come round again and it is time to join in with Erika from Snappy Crafts and share an 'oldie' crafty project just for fun.
 
I'm sticking with the wedding theme from earlier in the week and sharing this card that I made a couple of years ago. Sorry for the blurred photo.
 
Recipe
Memory Box Magnificent Cake Die
Spellbinders Grand Large Label Dies
Glittered Swirl Card
Hobby Craft Sentiment Stamp
Gold Embossing Powder
Braided Trim and Pearl String from Stash
Metal Corner Embellishment for Cake Topper
 
Thanks for joining me today, I hope you are all well, the temperature is a little cooler today which I prefer so I need to catch up with some housework that didn't get done in the heat. Firstly though, I'm off to visit Erika's blog and let her know that I have joined in today and if you would like to play along with us then I look forward to seeing your creations too.
 
Bye for now,
 
Lorraine
 


11 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely and luxurious wedding card Lorraine.

Keep cool and have a good weekend.

B x

Pamellia said...

Wow Lorraine, this is stunning! I love gold and white together, it's especially elegant for a wedding card! Great cake, the pearls were a fabulous touch! Stunning! hugs :)

Erika said...

Hi Lorraine, firstly thanks for joining me in sharing an oldie today. I love your wedding card, great cake, decorated beautifully. Good enough to eat!
Another day of sunshine today, really not looking forwards to work tomorrow!

Enjoy your weekend, hugs Erika. x

Jenny L said...

Hi Lorraine,
oh yes this looks good enough to eat.
I love the gold, and white deign, and the cake is amazing, and how very specially decorated it.
Love it.
I can remember making a card many years ago with a Birthday cake on, but sadly in those days I didn't think of photographing my cards.
Not that it was anything as good as yours.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Lorraine, fabulous card and that is a brilliant cake die, lovely layout and so stylish, love it, hugs Kate x

MaryH said...

Too luscious to slice into! I always look at this cake die, and wonder how I'd ever use it. Well, now you've shown me! What a splendid look with the white & gold, love all the pearls and the mat shapes. What really caught my eye was the way you used the little topper. I would have looked at the pretty finding for hours and never thought to use it thusly. But it's a fabulous topper for this magnificient cake! TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the white and gold together.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs
Gina xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous oldie Lorraine, the gold and white is so elegant.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline
x

Carol said...

A gorgeous oldie Lorraine, so elegant. Carol x

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jo said...

Fab oldie Lorraine, beautifully decorated. Way, way too hot here....was lovely & cool this morning after the thunderstorms & rain last night.....but just didn't stay cool lol. Your ATC's arrived this morning....just waiting on a couple more then I'll get them all sent out. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
hugs Jo x