Tuesday 26 May 2015

Top Tip Tuesday Challenge - It's All About The Hair Colour

Hi Crafters,
 
Those of you in the UK I hope you all enjoyed your Bank Holiday Weekend, the weather was up and down a bit here but we managed to get done what we wanted to and I got a little crafting time in so all was good.
 
Today I'm here to share with you my DT inspiration for Top Tip Tuesday's latest challenge which is 'All About The Hair Colouring'.
We would like to see your best hair colouring male or female and any colour you wish!
We are also having a DT CALL so if you fancy joining a great bunch of ladies then check out the blog for details of how to enter.
 
I was going to go with pink hair on my image from The East Wind but I chickened out at the last minute, lol, but I'm sure you are braver than me, here she is....'Aurora Spring Melody'...
 
Recipe
7 x 7 Card Blank
Image - Aurora Spring Melody - The East Wind
Pro/flexmarkers
Papers - First Edition - Love Letters
Lace - The Ribbon Girl
Ribbons - From Stash
Pearl Brad - Hobby Craft
Flowers - Prima
Leaves - Sue Wilson - Quilled Leaves
Arch Die - Tonic Studios

Here's a side view showing the dimension...

 
 Challenges I'd like to enter:
Crafty Catz - #280 Kids
Brown Sugar - #147 Favourite Colour Combo - (Pink & Brown)
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - #81 ATG/Make It Girlie
Art By Miran - #32 ATG
Noor Design - #6 Flowers
The Cutie Pie Challenge - #87 Layer It Up
Crafty Girlz - #2 ATG/Spring is in the Air
Scribble & Scrap - #45 ATG
Come & Get It - Tic Tac Toe
(Die Cut - Design Paper - Ribbon)
Incy Wincy Designs - Lots of Layers/No Layers
Craft-Dee BowZ - May Challenge - ATG+ Handmade Bow
 
 
We are sponsored this time by The East Wind
 
and they are offering 3 images to the winner.
 
I look forward to visiting your blogs and seeing your beautiful creations, you have two weeks to come up with your hair themed projects and if colouring hair is rather daunting for you our fabulous Deneen has included a tutorial on the blog to help you along.
 
Well that's all from me today, see you very soon,
 
Lorraine

38 comments:

pinky said...

stunning card Lorraine and I think pink hair would have looked just as nice as your stunning brown hair.

brenda said...

And what beautiful hair she has as well Lorraine, such a pretty card.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

Just gorgeous Lorraine. I may enter this one as love colouring hair.xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card and her hair looks gorgeous! I know what you mean about colouring her hair in pink, I haven't quite plucked up the courage yet either lol. The pink and green looks beautiful together and your design is gorgeous.
Hugs
Gina xx

Pamellia said...

Wow, just gorgeous Lorraine!! Love the deep pinks with the browns, what a dreamy combo! Her hair is amazing, wow, and so is her dress! You are such a talent with those markers, I really need to beef up on my colouring! lol hugs :)

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Lorraine, love the sweet image and gorgeous colours.

Donna x

Erika said...

Lovely colouring Lorraine and great colour combination.
I hope you are cracking on with you cards for the market?

Hugs Erika. x

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, a beautiful image and papers. Carol x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What an absolute beauty! I love. x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Lorraine, gorgeous card, and your hair colouring is fabulous, gorgeous colouring all round really. Beautiful image and embellishments, hugs Kate x

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful colours and colouring. I love the image great for a young woman. Elaine

cebelica said...

I keep saying that I will colour my hair in other colours (not just black or brown), but when it comes to that, I never do it. Hopefully one day I'll find the courage to do so.
Your card turned out beautifully - even if you didn't colour the hair pink. ;) You coloured the image beautifully and I like the colour combination you used. Also, I think those little flowers on top are a perfect finishing touch.
Hugs! xx

Jacee said...

Very pretty Lorraine, lovely papers, great layout and a sweet image too
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card in lovely colours and a sweet image. You have done a fantastic job on the hair colouring! hugs, Marlies

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, I love the image, stunning colouring and such a beautiful design.
Sue xx

Carol S. said...

A beautiful image and beautifully coloured. Gorgeous card and love the design. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous girly card love it and thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge crafty blessings Judith DT xxx

Bev said...

So pretty, love the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Noor! Design

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Lorraine, such a gorgeous image and you have coloured her hair perfectly - I really struggle with hair!
Pauline
x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's this month. Sue x

Tracy said...

Beautiful highlights Lorraine. Hair is one of my worst coloring trials. you did a beautiful job and the colors and yummy ribbon are lovely for a sweet young lady. Hugs!

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful details and design. Stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy DT

Kat W said...

Obviously you know I would have loved her with pink hair but she still looks stunning with brown hair; your colouring is wonderful :-)

In fact stunning is the only way to describe this whole card, I just love the colour combo and the fabulous flowers and bow!

Big hugs, Kat xx

Unknown said...

Lovely card love the arch in the centre Debbs xx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous card Lorraine... Love the image ... Beautifully coloured...
Hugs Sylvie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow what a beautiful card Lorraine, that image is absolutely gorgeous so are the papers and embellishments a super, super make.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card and beautiful colouring, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie challenge cheers Sue N x

Lilibet said...

This is lovely, Your hair colouring is fab! I am rubbish at hair so v.jel! lol.
xx

Jac said...

this is great, your such a great colourer iner, unlike moi !! love this one heaps x

JoanieMc said...

A very stunning and gorgeous card!! Your coloring is awesome. I love the colors you chose and the image is great and is so beautifully colored. You have an awesome talent.
thanks for joining the Brown Sugar Challenge.

Hugs
Joanie

Stamping With Bibiana said...

what a lovely card, like everything
bibiana

Lisa J said...

This is stunning. Love the image and the colours. Just fabulous! Thanks for joining us this fortnight. Lisa DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge

Brenda said...

Lorraine, gorgeous doesn't begin to describe your coloring a design for this card. <3 Brenda

Bev said...

This is gorgeous Lorraine, fabulous colouring. Thanks for joining us at Noor! this month

Anonymous said...

Oh shes a stunner! love her hair and love the bow too! gorgeous 18th card hugs me xx

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Lorraine! Your coloring is amazing - she's gorgeous! And btw...you would have ROCKED the pink hair ;) Have a wonderful week!

Donna said...

Stunning card Lorraine, your colouring really makes this image pop and your added detail is gorgeous! I think I would have chickened out with the pink hair too :) Donna ♥ x

Linda Levoir said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card. Love the image, the way you coloured her, the colour combo, the design....soooo pretty. Did I say gorgeous?! :D xx