Wednesday 14 January 2015

2014 Catch Up

Hi Crafters,
Whilst sorting through some of my files on my computer I found a few pics of cards that I had not had a chance to share so thought I would show you now.

 This first photo is of a card I made for my husbands' Birthday using a decoupage sheet from Craft Creations but I really liked making the background best. I used a Spellbinders deep embossing folder and inked the cardstock afterwards with black soot distress ink picking up the embossing and then carefully applied Versamark clear embossing ink and clear powder over the raised parts, giving this gorgeous industrial effect.
 A close up view to show the embossing.

I thought I would do this again on another card but this time using an X-Cut embossing folder covered with tiny cogs.

Another close up

And in true Monty Python style -  now for something completely different...

 ... a Wedding Card. I made my own rolled roses with  an MFT die and used a Martha Stewart border punch for the accent piece.

This card was rather fun, inspired by something I saw on Pinterest, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the spectacles a few times and layered them up to be a sturdy weight and popped them on foam pads.
 
I'd like to enter this last one in to the challenges at
 Come And Get It - Humorous Cards.
Quirky Crafts - #1 Clean & Simple
 
Well that's it from me today, thank you to everyone who has popped in here recently and left some fabulous comments, I really do appreciate it.
See you all soon,
 
Lorraine

16 comments:

brenda said...

Great post Lorraine, packed full of inspirational makes.

B x

Rita said...

Fabulous cards Lorraine. Love them all. Hugs Rita xxx

dutchess said...

you have given me some ideas for man cards...I really find these difficult to do....these are great....busy girl!....xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Lorraine, what a selection of wonderful cards. I love them all, but I am really drawn to the last one, it's brilliant, hugs Kate x

Jacee said...

Wow Lorraine, these cards are outstanding, what fabulous backgrounds! bet your hubby will love his, fabulous work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant selection of cards Lorraine the top one would be perfect for one of my brother's who loves trains especially the steam ones, all wonderfully designed, super makes.
hugs
lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Some great cards, that last one is fun x

Carol said...

A fabulous selection Lorraine, love those embossed backgrounds and no 4 is such a fun card. Carol x

Carol S. said...

Great cards and all so different. Love the fun card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

rachel said...

great selection of cards Lorraine - I especially love the specs one - so cool! Big hugs to you - Rachel xx

Pamellia said...

What an amazing collection of cards Lorraine! So many different styles and I love them all! Fabulous technique with the embossing folders, by the way...LOVE that!! until next time, big hugs :)

pinky said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Lorraine. The embossing on the first two is amazing!! The wedding one is so gorgeous with all those silvery grey tones. The glasses one is just pure class!

Tracy said...

These are great! So glad you shared them. Love the embossing on the first two cards. Cool effect! The wedding card is fantastically designed and the glasses card is just plain fun. Hugs!

Donna said...

Hi Lorraine, hubby's birthday card is fantastic, perfect masculine design and the embossing looks fab...love your other cards too especially the speccy one! So sorry blogger was playing up when you visited by blog and thank you for persevering and leaving a comment :) Donna ♥ x

Gina's Cards said...

Oh what a gorgeous selection of cards! and the speccy one gave me a right giggle - love it!
Hugs
Gina xx

Melanie said...

Great cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Humorous” challenge over at Come and get it…
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)