Thursday 22 August 2013

Got The Blues

Hello Crafters....
....I haven't really got the blues, it's just that for two days in a row I have somehow been drawn to make blue cards and I never use that colour normally. I was asked to make a card for a lady whose birthday is coming up soon and her favourite colour is.....blue.
Here it is....



The layout of this card was inspired by an example I found on Pinterest (bad place, I spend far too much time looking at stuff, lol.) I'll put a link to her boards, she makes some wonderful cards. Paperpastimes .

I used:
 
Couture Creations embossing folder-Tied Together
Spellbinders Dies- Splendid Circles, Classic Circles, Fancy Lattice and Nested Pennants
Die-namics Die- Fancy Flourish
Flowers- Wild Orchid Crafts
Pearls- Woodware pearl border
Sentiment- Waltzingmouse Stamps
 
 
 I'm going to enter this for the Papertake Weekly Challenge . 'Flower Power' . This will be my second entry but I'm sure you are allowed up to five. So fingers crossed coz the sponsor this time is The Ribbon Girl and I would really love to choose some goodies from there, great range in flowers, ribbons and trim.
 
Well, the family are hungry again I can hear their stomachs from here, lol, crafting hat off and cooking hat on.
 
See you soon,
 
Lorraine


2 comments:

Hazel said...

Beautiful card Lorriane - I love the blues against the white - so striking it works perfectly.

Thank you for joining us over at Papertake Weekly - I wish you the very best of luck.

I hope you will join in the fun with us on our next challenge on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend.

Toodle Pip

Hazel xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the dies you've used and fab design too :o) Hugs, Lisa x